Bulletin - March (Please note times and locations for Holy Week services)
Reminder: every Thursday during Lent there is Eucharist at 12:10 p.m. It will be a short service for those who are coming during their lunch break at work. Everyone welcome. (There will be no service on March 22)
Learning Opportunities (Sept. - June):
- Mondays, 11-12 , Interdenominational study (Christ Church or online) Genesis
- Mondays, 1 - 3, Interdenominational study (Christ Church or online) The Gospels in Chronological order with a focus on the healing ministry, miracles and parables of Jesus
Mar. 18: Food Bank Sunday.
Mar. 18: Celebration of New Ministry--Bishop Anne Germond will install Archdeacon Joan as our new incumbent at 3:00 p.m. As Archdeacon Joan mentioned, this is not just a celebration for her, but for the whole of the parish as we move forward with her. Please come to celebrate.
Mar. 22: Marina Point Tea.
Mar. 24: St. John the Divine Anglican Church is holding a roast beef dinner/auction at the Shriner's Club,1260 Brooke St., starting at 6 p.m. Doors will open at 5 p.m. The dinner is being held to raise money for its Outreach Programs such as the Open Arms Cafe, Food Shelves, and the education of two young Guatemalan girls. MPP Vic Fedeli will the auctioneer. There will also be a stand-up comedian to liven the action. Tickets are $45 each or a table of 8 for $320.00. A $25 tax receipt will be available. Call 705-472-6070 for tickets.
Mar. 25: Dusty Gems will be on the fourth Sunday of the month, i.e. Palm Sunday, at 4:00 p.m. at St. John’s. To refresh minds, this is a regular evensong along with an opportunity to learn new church music.
Mar. 29: Maundy Thursday service at Christ Church, 7:00 p.m.
Mar. 30: Good Friday:
- service at the Capitol Centre, 10:30 a.m. tickets mandatory—pick yours up from Moreen’s desk but only if you will be going
- service at Christ Church, 1:00 p.m.
- Mar. 31: Great Vigil of Easter service at St. John’s at 6:45 p.m.
- Apr. 1: Easter Sunday service at Christ Church, 10:30 a.m.
Apr. 7: Men’s Breakfast at St. Brice’s, beginning at 9:00 a.m. Following the meal, Tom Zink will read from and discuss his recently-published book, Seasoned: A Memoir of Grief and Grace. Copies of the book will be available for sale ($20). Everyone welcome. Please call the church (705-474-4005) office to let them know you plan to attend.
Holy Land Pilgrimage 2018 organized by Bishop Stephen Andrews and Rev. Dr. Robert Derrenbacker for April 19-30. They will provide biblical, liturgical and spiritual leadership for the tour group. See poster on shelf by Moreen’s desk for details.